Collecting information about you
- provide us your personal information and contact details;
- order or purchase AP products and/or services
- enter your personal information on the AP website or other AP-owned properties;
- participate in a AP competition;
- interact with us through social media (including Facebook and Twitter);
- register on the AP website/s
- contact us; we may also keep a record of that contact.
- We will only collect additional personal information with your consent.
Using and disclosing your personal information
AP purpose in collecting your personal information is to provide you with:
- the ability for you and AP to complete or progress your order or transaction with us
- information that interests you
- information about events; and
- special offers that are relevant to you
AP will not use or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, unless:
- required by law;
- AP believes it necessary to fulfil the above purposes or otherwise to provide you with services or products which you have requested; or
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of other users of the website, any member of the public or of AP.
In seeking to give you the most worthwhile experience in using the AP website, your personal information may be used to send you advertisements about products and services that we think you are likely to be interested in.
AP does not disclose your personal information to advertisers. We use the services of one or more trusted service providers located overseas to use and process personal information for the explicit purpose of fraud detection, transaction processing, or for providing a product or service to you, in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws. In order to operate the AP website, fulfill the purposes set out above or otherwise deliver products or services, AP will not otherwise disclose your personal information to other companies or third parties without your consent.
When AP will contact you
When you complete a purchase with AP, you are presented with a comprehensive way to manage what marketing communications you wish to receive – if any – from AP. Similarly, when you create an account or subscribe to AP’s newsletters, your preferences can be managed by you in their entirety.
Types of communications you may receive
- updated information about the AP website;
- information about our products and services which may interest you; and
- other information about upcoming events – such as discount promotions which may interest you.
- Any communication enabled in the newsletter preferences area in your account
If you are receiving promotional information about AP and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list by visiting the AP website and updating your newsletter. Please allow up to 3 business days for this request to be processed.
You can access the information AP keeps about you
If at any time you want to know what personal information Booktopia Pty Ltd holds about you, you can log into your Account and view the information you gave us. If you have further questions, you can contact us by phone.
Changing and updating the information AP has about you
If at any time you wish to change your personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact our Customer Service team by phone or e-mail and we will amend your personal information accordingly, or advise you how you can do this yourself within your account.
Deleting the information AP has about you or stopping any further advertising material or other communications
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let AP know by contacting our customer service team, and we will take all reasonable steps to delete such information unless it must be kept for legal reasons. If you do not wish to receive further advertising, marketing or promotional information from AP, please log into your account and change your electronic newsletter preferences, or by clicking the Unsubscribe link that is on every electronic marketing or promotional email that AP sends to you.
To stop any further print direct-mail marketing communications, please contact our customer service team.
Storage and security of your personal information
AP will do everything reasonable and in its’ power to keep secure the personal information which AP holds about you. Access to this information is restricted only to AP employees who have specific authorisation. AP also continually endeavours to improve security safeguards using the most stringent, industry-accepted online security and internal processes. That said, AP will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information, but will do everything in our power to prevent it as a responsible, high-profile, Australian online retailer.
What to do if you have a problem or question