ABA Workshop + APS Tour – Hong Kong
Aoi Pui School (APS) is the only primary Autism School in Hong Kong operated by the Autism Partnership Foundation (APF) and founded by Autism Partnership’s founders, Dr Ronald Leaf, Dr John McEachin, and Mr. Toby Mountjoy. APS takes pride in the individualisation of what they teach. They recognise that each student comes from a different background and has a unique set of strengths and needs. They also acknowledge that each family has their own short-term priorities and long-term goals.
A tour in APS will be guided by their senior consultants to let you learn more about the school’s missions, curriculums, programs, students and staff. You can see in live how their therapists/teacters apply ABA therapy in their classes.
We’ve invited APS’s Behavioral Consultant, Ms Suzy Law, to share her experiences and knowledge in ABA during the 3-hours workshop.
|Date & Time:||November 15, 2019 (Friday) 9:30am – 3:00pm|
|Venue:||Aoi Pui School
[16 Station Lane, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong]
|Topic:||Creating and Supporting School Curriculum and Environment with Application of ABA|
|Available Seats:||60 seats|
|Remarks:||ALL REGISTRATION FEE OF THIS WORKSHOP WILL BE DONATED TO Autism Partnership Foundation (APF)|
|Registration deadline:||October 20, 2019 or upon fully booked (FIRST COME FIRST SERVED)|
|Original price:||HKD 500/person (USD 65)|
|Special discount:||HKD 200 (USD 26) for people who joined AP other November paid conference @Hong Kong/Beijing/Singapore/Korea (not included workshops or free events)|
Payment Methods:Supported payment methods include Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Alipay and Bank transfer
Continue Education Credits:
|The Behavior Analyst Certification Board||BCBA/ BCaBA||3|
|Social Workers Registration Board
(Voluntary Continuing Professional Development Scheme for Registered Social Workers)
|Hong Kong Institute of Speech Therapists||Speech Therapists||3|
|The Hong Kong Psychological Society||Educational Psychologist||5|
|9:30am – 11:30am||School Tour
(by group, each group max. 10 people)
|11:30am – 12:00nn||Break
(snacks and drinks will be provided)
|12:00nn – 3:00pm||
ABA workshop: Creating and Supporting School Curriculum and Environment with Application of ABA
Speaker: Ms. Suzy Law (M.A., BCBA, Behavioral Consultant)
Ms Suzy Law will share with you the domains APS considers to be effective in teaching students with ASD and the ongoing process of how APS works with the students and the families in this process of goal setting. Case studies presented will demonstrate the breadth of their programming and offer insights in the challenges they commonly face in this process.
*with 10min break and 30min Q&A session.
|Ms. Suzy Law
M.A., BCBA, Behavioral Consultant
Suzanne (Suzy) is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst and trained as a Psychologist in Behavioral Psychology at the University of Auckland in New Zealand. Her experience comes from applying ABA in a variety of settings including schools, rehabilitation and residential settings for individuals with different forms of disabilities/conditions in Auckland and Melbourne. She joined AP Australia as a Psychologist in 2013 and has settled in at Aoi Pui School in Hong Kong since 2015. Her current role as Behavioral Consultant allows her to enjoy supervising cases, guide our lead teachers to devise comprehensive Individualised Education Plans (IEP), engage in ongoing meetings with parents, conduct staff training and present at workshops in Hong Kong and overseas.
Aoi Pui School (APS), formerly Autism Partnership School, is a private primary school and is registered under the Education Department. It was founded by Autism Partnership Foundation in 2007 and was the first school designed specifically for the needs of moderate to high functioning children with autism in Hong Kong.
- Take a screenshot of the payment page and keep it for further checking if needed.
- The E-Receipt will be sent to your registered email on the last working day of your payment month. If the payment date is at the end of the month, you will receive your receipt at the end of the following month.
- If you need the Participation Certificate, please apply from the “Application Form of Participation Certificate” at the reception desk on the conference day. It will be sent to your registered email within 2 weeks after the conference.
- To apply for Continue Education Credits, please have sign-in in related Forms at reception desk upon arrival.
- BCBA who needs to apply for the BCBA credits, please fill-in your BCBA number and sign in and out 4 times on the “Attendance List for BCBA” sheet (signature is required for arrival, lunch break, and departure). The BCBA Participation Certificate will be sent to your registered email within 2 weeks after the conference.
- Each Registration No. is for ONE participant ONLY, the number cannot be shared with others either other family members/members of a group (will have admission identification checking).
- Adults only, children under the age of 16 are not allowed to enter.
- Registration cancellations will be eligible to receive a refund less a 20% service fee. Cancellations received 1 month before the conference date will not be eligible for any refund.
- If necessary, you can transfer your admission to others ONCE. Notification must be provided to AP at least 7 working days prior to the conference date for changing the registration list.
Ms. Cherry Chong
Tel: +852 2174 6888